#1 www.whatinvestorswant.com shall at no time pass into the hands of any one interest or group
Our goal is to report unbiased insights behind the news. To this end, we will do whatever it takes to ensure what we publish is accurate, reliable, timely and meaningful.
Nothing we report will be influenced by fear or favour. Put simply, we will not publish biased articles that favour certain companies regardless of whether they are deep-pocket advertisers, large blue chip companies or influential government agencies. To do otherwise breaks the important contract of trust we have with our readers.
Meanwhile, everyone on staff at www.whatinvestorswant.com are expected to abide by a clear reporting code of conduct:
- No staff is allowed to have any direct investment interest in Indonesian bonds, equity, real estate or any other asset classes, except mutual funds with generic exposure to certain sectors or countries that changes from time to time.
- Everyone is expected to disclose any outside personal, philosophical or financial interests that might conflict with their job at Alpha Southeast Asia Group.
- Facts can be checked for accuracy but no editorial copy is allowed to be approved by a third party. Also, if there is a factual error, large and small, a correction will be issued within five working days to the bottom of the article.
- It is commonplace in Asia for sources to offer gifts in meetings however, all staff need to apply common sense to the situation; What is the motivation for providing a gift and what is the value of it? If there are any concerns, the staff concerned must decline the offer.
- There are many occasions our staff may be invited to attend certain events abroad where air/hotel is offered by the invitee. This is handled on a case by case basis and must be pre-approved by the Publisher. In all cases, Alpha Southeast Asia Group will never guarantee coverage of the event or what is discussed pre or post event.